Uxbridge Cricket Club logo.

Uxbridge Cricket Club:
The Club was recognised as one of Middlesex’s out grounds, so has hosted Middlesex CCC when they were unable to play at Lord’s. This has enabled the local population to come along and enjoy the skills of E.H. Budd and Thomas Lord (who gave his name to the Lord’s cricket ground. Opponents have included the Waugh twins, Greenidge, Haynes, Marshall, Brearley, Ambrose and many more.

There are two grounds and also grass and artificial practice facilities. We run four league sides on a Saturday, playing in the Thames Valley Cricket League.

We have a thriving colts section, with teams in the under 10, 11, 13, 15 and 17 age groups. It’s a testament to the atmosphere at the club that many of the senior team members rose through the colts section.

If you’d like to come along to have a bowl or a bat, or would like to find out more, contact the Cricket Club committee members who will be pleased to answer any of your questions.

History of the club:
Although the official founding date of Uxbridge Cricket Club is 1789 there are records of cricket being played in the Uxbridge area as early as 1735. Early matches were played on Uxbridge Moor, but by 1820 the club was playing on Uxbridge Common. In 1858 the club moved to Cricketfield Road in the centre of the town, and remained there until 1970.
The redevelopment of Uxbridge town centre meant the club had to give way to progress, and so moved to its current location. They were able to do this as the club owned the Cricketfield Road site outright, after acquiring the lease of the site in 1918 as a memorial to the members of the club who lost their lives in the Great War.

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing away of former UCC cricketers:

Monday 23rd January 2023 saw the funeral of Evan (Ollie) Hope at Slough Crematorium. Ollie played for UCC between 1959 and 1973 at both Cricketfield Road and Park Road and at the time of his death was considered to be the oldest living ex member of UCC. Ollie was a fine right arm opening bowler who represented UCC at 1st X1 level and was a well known in local cricketing circles from Uxbridge to Slough and Datchet.

Friday 27th January sees the funeral at Amersham, of Chris Hawkins, who became Head  Groundsman and 1st X1 wicket keeper/batsman at UCC in the early years at Park Road and was  associated with UCC from 1974 to 1979, and again in the early 1990’s.  Prior to 1973, Chris had been Head Groundsman at Old Trafford Cricket Ground and also played County Cricket  for Northants for one season.
The passing of Ollie and Chris, followed the earlier passing in 2022 of both Ricky Greengrass and Jim Mitchell both long time playing members and officials of UCC. Ricky played for Uxbridge from 1969 to the late 1980’s and was regular 2nd X1 opening bowler and useful late order batsman. Jim Mitchell joined UCC in 1962 and played at both Cricketfield and Park Road. Injuries saw Jim retire from playing in the mid 1970’s and take up umpiring, mostly at 1st X1 level through to the early 2000’s. Jim was the longest serving member of the four members who have sadly passed in 2002, for over forty years and formed one half of the Mitchell & Butler (Umpire & Scorer) combination who freely gave their time to officiate for UCC on a purely voluntary unpaid basis. It is also with greatest sadness that we have to inform you of the passing of our beloved umpire, Julian Gayle (Junior). Julian passed away yesterday at home following an illness. Julian has been an important and a loved member of our club he joined us around 2012. He umpired every season for us and despite many temptations from other clubs, and the Middx panel, remained loyal to us. He will be dearly missed by everyone at UCC and we wish his family well at this very difficult time.

Thames Valley Cricket League Division 1.

UCC Awards night 2022 after a very successful season where two of the senior sides, 1st & 2nd XIs, were promoted. Picture of the winning U17s side with coaches and 1st XI captain.
First league game 6th May 2023.

TVCL Awards Night:

Kamran Mian UCC 1st XI captain receiving the TVCL Div 2A winner’s trophy from James Foster, ex-England/Essex.
UCC 2nd XI Captain receiving the trophy for TVCL Div 5A winners.
Both captains posing with the trophies and pennants.
Group photo of the Uxbridge lads!