Uxbridge RFC today
Uxbridge RFC currently plays in the Herts/Middx 2 South league.
If you’re a new player, old player, former player or new to the area, the club welcomes allcomers, and is always on the look out for new players.
To find out more, contact Michael Weymouth, club secretary.
Uxbridge RFC History
Uxbridge Rugby Club was formed in 1947 from two clubs, Borderers RFC and Old Creightonians. Both of these clubs were originally formed by men returning from the war and anxious to pick up their youth where they had left it. At this point they renamed to Creighton Borderers when they merged in 1974. The club has been nomadic and slighty schizophrenic, moving around and changing names; it’s had five names and seven different locations before finally becoming Uxbridge RFC in 1977. Uxbridge was picked as a name to identify with the biggest local town, even though the clubhouse was at that point in Harefield. The club finally moved to its current location in 1991 and is an established playing section at Uxbridge Sports Club.